Letting go can be hard
Book a free 15 minute consultation.
Some people find it easy to throw stuff away and keep their environment calm, serene, and Zen. For the rest of us, our attachment to things can lead to bursting closets, a jumbled garage, and piles upon piles of paper that we just can’t bring ourselves to release. After all, we may need this again someday!
That’s why it helps to hire professionals like A Change of Space. With a firm hand and compassionate heart, they will support you to clear out the junk you’ve been hoarding, rehome treasured, yet no longer used items, and organize what’s left in a streamlined, easy-to-maintain system.
Still determined to declutter your home or office without assistance? Ponder these insightful questions whenever you are undecided about whether to keep, repurpose, or toss an object:
- Have I used this item in the past year?
- Will I use it in the year ahead?
- If I was shopping right now, would I purchase this again?
- Does it work?
- Does it fit?
- Do I even like it anymore?
- If it’s broken, is it worth fixing?
- Would I keep this if I moved?
- How often do I use it?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation?
- Do I have multiples of this item?
- Am I saving it “just in case?”
- Am I holding on to something broken to fix someday?
- Is this worth the time I spend cleaning it or the money I spend storing it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
- Does this benefit my lifestyle or that of my family?
- Would this item be useful for someone else?
- Would another person appreciate this item more than me?